A headache is simply a pain or discomfort felt in the head region. There can be many causes of a headache such as constriction of blood vessels, excessive drinking, oversleeping, and others. People often use prescription painkillers to get relief from a headache. But there are plenty of natural remedies that can treat your headache quickly and easily without any side effect. Here are the top six remedies to get rid of a Headache;
It can help to reduce inflammation of the blood vessels in the head. You can boil ginger powder or raw ginger in water and inhale the vapor. Mix equal parts of ginger juice and lemon juice. Consume it once or twice in a day.
2. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile has vital nutritional compounds that help to ease pain and relax you. Brew up a cup using one chamomile tea bag to a cup of just- boiled water. You can also use honey for making the drink sweet.
3. Foot bath with peppermint and lavender oils
The hot water draws blood to your feet, easing the pressure on the blood vessels in your head. By adding a few drops of peppermint or lavender essential oils, the aroma provides soothing relief.
It can be used to ease a throbbing headache due to its cooling and pain removing properties. Crush a few cloves gently and put them in a clean handkerchief. Inhale the smells whenever you have a headache.
Do not you feel like the question how to cure a headache has become one of the reasons of your headache? Well, consider taking basil in that case. It is used for natural headache treatment; it has many analgesic benefits. You can put 3 or 4 fresh basil leaves in a cup of boiling water and let it simmer. Add a little honey and sip the tea slowly.
It is a miracle spice that can effectively treat headaches. Grind some cinnamon sticks into a powder, and add some water to make a thick paste. Apply it on your forehead and temples and lie down for 30 minutes. Then wash it off with warm water
You might also be interested in ‘Get Rid of a Migraine‘
Natural Headache Remedies to Cure a Headache
A headache’s generally classified into three:
- Tension headache
- Migraines headache
- Cluster headache
Here are our Natural Headache Remedies for each of its kind;
1. For a Tension Headache
Use peppermint, apply this oil to your hairline; it creates a cooling sensation. That relaxes your muscles. Also, use ginger tea, crush up a ginger root and add it to boiling water. It reduces inflammation.
2. For a Migraine Headache
Consider using ice packs around your head, considered the best in the list of natural headache remedies, it reduces the inflammation.
3. For a Cluster Headache
Use capsaicin cream, the main ingredient in this is pepper. Apply a small amount to the inside of nostrils.
Are you struggling with serious depression? Just never lose hope; depression is curable. Get the ultimate solution here,
Headaches in Children
Lots of young children, even babies are prone to a headache. A headache can develop for lots of reasons. It can also come along with illness. When your child has a headache, be sure to give comfort and support and try to how to cure a headache.
Headache Remedies For Adults
- Nuts – Instead of popping a pill when you get a headache, toss back some almonds. It contains salicin, which is an agent of painkillers.
- Warm up and cool down –Take your time getting yourself warmed up and properly cooled down.
- Peppermint oil– It has a wonderfully soothing effect when you are suffering from a headache. Massage the oil onto your forehead. You will feel cooling.
- Drink up– As soon as your head starts to hurt, drink a tall glass of water, and then sip throughout the day
Headache Remedy for Pregnant
For some reasons, pregnant women suffer most from headaches. It caused due to increase in blood volume, lack of sleep, constipation, etc.
- Lie down with a cold cloth to your forehead.
- Reduces stress by practicing meditation
- Drink a warm glass of milk with cinnamon and honey.
- Eat a handful almond.
- Try a cup of relaxing tea.
Headache Remedies at Work
Coping with a headache at work can be a challenge. And if work stress is making your head pound, you have to deal with both the cause of the stress and the result.some point of how to cure a headache.
- Drink plenty of water with your headache medication.
- Take a break from all stressors.
- Gently rubbing your head can help relieve tension.
- Taking a brisk walk or doing some other vigorous activity for at least 5 -10 minutes may help
- Stretching can help to relax tense muscles.
- Breathing deeply and slowly from the abdomen can be done while sitting or lying down.
Home Remedies for High Blood Pressure Headache
A headache can produce dangerous symptom when combined with high blood pressure reading. You may or may not also exhibit symptoms such as shortness of breath, nosebleeds.Here is a list of how to cure a headache in high blood pressure.
- Water –your headache may simply be the result of dehydration. So hydrate yourself by sipping more water
- Cool compress– Placing a cold, wet cloth over your forehead. It can help constrict the blood vessels that are causing your pain.
- Massage – just a gentle massage will soothe your aching muscles, lightly applying pressure to your scalp, neck, etc.
- Feverfew and ginger– Feverfew is a herb that has been used for centuries as a natural remedy for migraines. Feverfew combined with ginger, known for its anti-nausea properties. These two herbs are worth considering.
Quick Tips for Headaches
- Close your eyes and rest
- Massage your neck and temples
- Warm up your neck
- Minimize stress
So these are the common best natural headache remedies. A headache can be controlled by removing extra stress but if you are getting a headache on a regular basis, it is suggested to consult doctors.